Thursday, December 11, 2008

9 Months Old Already!!

I must have blinked, and my baby girl was suddenly nine months old!! How did this happen?? I took Hopey in for her nine month checkup yesterday, and they had me schedule her one year checkup....ONE YEAR!!!!!! She's going to be one year old in 3 months!! I'm just blown away at how quickly the time goes and how true it is that they don't stay little forever. On the bright side, the doctor eased my mind a little bit today and assured me that this........ ....is totally normal. I'm referring to her lack of teeth. Yes, I know I posted 3 or 4 months ago that she had a little tooth popping up, but whatever it was that we were seeing and feeling is completely gone. I was told today that she could remain toothless for another few months, so hopefully there truly are some teeth hiding under her gums. Anyway, just a quick update on the appointment. She is 20 lbs 4 oz, 27.75 inches tall, super healthy and tested negative for anemia, and completely vaccinated for the flu now. What excellent news!!

3 comments:

momof3Es said...

No worries about her teeth. Elizabeth didn't get them till around 9 months old. You will miss those "gummy smiles". The old wise tale is the slower they come in the health they will be. Elizabeth's were very slow, in fact she just got her last eye teeth last month.

Anonymous said...

She is SOOO darling! Let me tell you, Iris didn't get her first toothe until 15 months old. Yes- 15 months. I really thought she was never going to get them. And Lucy just got hers about a month ago. Late teethers are kinda nice!

Anonymous said...

I thought the "totally normal" thing you were referring to was that crazed psychotic look in her eyes. Not to worry, while not exactly "normal" it should give you some consolation that it most likely comes from her father:)