Monday, December 29, 2008

Hopey's First Christmas!

Hopey's first Christmas was just fantastic! She got to experience all of the old traditions, new traditions, and a few "tester" traditions. We had a birthday party for Jesus on Christmas day, (thanks for the idea Katie!) and she seemed to get a big kick out of it. I've always really loved Christmas, but to see it through Hopey's eyes was just the icing on the cake! I think she really kind of knew what was going on. Sadly, I ended up with my traditional Christmas bronchitis, so I was a bit out of it for all of the family festivities. Here are a few pictures from Hopey's first Christmas and Christmas Eve!








4 comments:

Meghan said...

OK those pictures had me cracking up here at work! She is rediculously adorable and I think she ages about 2 years since we saw her a couple weeks ago!! Sorry to hear you were sick!! Looks like you all had a great time though! We HAVE to get together soon!

Anonymous said...

Next year I'm just getting Hopey a big cardboard box, as it was by far her favorite thing. Only the best for my girl:)

Anonymous said...

Brian, Brian...did you not know, you only get ONE year to give her wrapping paper and boxes. Next year, she'll need real gifts. And the year after, it will even be more necessary. Sorry, we should've warned you that this was the only year to "give her the best". haha

LOVE the pictures- Hope is just beautiful!

Katie @ Heart Gone Walking said...

That first picture is super cute! I agree, Christmas is so much better to celebrate with a child. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Hope you're feeling better.