Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Cake Pictures...

I've had several people ask when I was going to update the blog with Hopey's birthday, and especially birthday CAKE pictures. Well today is the day!!!! We had Hopey's family party last Sunday, a party with my parents and gram on her actual birthday, and a small party with Aunt Renae on Friday. Needless to say, I think Hopey's just about partied out! By the way, Chuck E. Cheese is still happening, I'm just not sure when!! :) Anyway, I can't thank all of you enough for the super sweet cards, phone calls, and presents you sent to Hopey! That was so incredibly thoughtful, and all of you made her first birthday so special!

Quick disclaimer, Hopey DID NOT like her cake or cupcakes...Yes, I was devastated. Every time I tried to give her a piece, she'd put her hand out to stop me and shake her head no. Sigh...it's true, MY child doesn't like sweets. I did get a few pictures of Hopey picking at the icing, throwing it around, and squishing it in her hands. But the majority of the mess on her face came from her wiping her gross little hands all over herself. Okay, without further ado, I'd like to present Hopey's first birthday pictures!!

This was the family party last Sunday...





And this was her actual birthday...







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new desktop picture, Faithy. Birthday cake hat and a confused look to go along with it, doesn't get better than that! And don't complain that God gave us a little girl who likes green beans more than cake, it makes our job that much easier.

Goins Gang said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Hope!
I can't believe she is 1 already!
Wow! Time did fly!
When she's 41, she'll be glad she likes green beans more than cake!

Us! said...

She's so adorable! Her facial expressions just crack me up. I love those cupcakes! Did you make them? Despite not liking cake, she still looks like she had a good time. Taylor had that same 1st b-day hat. She didn't keep it on for very long though. So sad our little girls are growing up:(

Katie @ Heart Gone Walking said...

OH MY WORD! She is so adorable! It all looks like so much fun and that Raggedy Ann cake is super cute. Hope you are having fun with your 1 year old!!!