Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Daughter...The Toddler!!

Ya know, I actually sat and thought about how I was going to share my exciting news with all of you, and I finally decided to be completely uncreative and just say it. Yes, it happened!!!!! Hopey went from an infant to a toddler overnight!!!!!! My little chubby bear has joined the world of walkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can something be so exciting but so utterly heartbreaking at the same time? I was jumping up and down, clapping and screaming, but blubbering all over the place. I mean, she's wanted to do nothing but walk for the past 4 months, and I've always held her little hands and let her drag me all over the place. In fact, I had even told Brian last week that my back was hurting so badly that I was actually looking forward to her walking on her own. And I truly am SO elated to see my baby girl toddling around, but I can't help but feel that my heart's breaking. Anyway, enough of my emotional roller coaster! I would be ever so pleased to share last night's video with you!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

OK... so if I cry watching HOPE walk... how bad will it be when Ella starts?

Congratulations!!! That is SO exciting!!

Us! said...

How exciting!! I'm so proud of her! She's so cute walking and she's so good at it. Like she's been doing it for years! I think I will be a blubbering fool too when Taylor starts walking. I cried when she started rolling over! Congrats to Hopey for making this milestone!!!! Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone noticed that when your baby girl starts walking it turns you into a super paranoid version of yourself who thinks that she is going to hit her head on every sharp object in the room...

no?

...maybe it's just me then.

Devon said...

an e-mail would be great. :)