Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Catwalk

Last weekend at Nordstrom, Hopey got to walk down her very first runway! And believe it or not, she did REALLY well!! A few of you have been asking me how this came about, so I'll just give you a quick run down of what happened.

A few weeks ago, Hopey and I went to Nordstrom to buy her a new pair of shoes. The same sweet girl that always helps us was there again this time, and she picked out the perfect pair of shoes as always. Anyway, as we were going up to pay for the shoes, she and several of the other employees from Nordstrom approached me and asked if Hopey could be in their upcoming fashion show. I tried to explain that Hopey wasn't really that kind of girl, but they told me they thought she'd do well. I figured no matter what happened, it would probably be hilarious, and I could at least get some pictures out of it! :)

So, on Saturday, we took Hopey over to Nordstrom bright and early. We were rushed into a fitting room with several "fashion consultants" who made sure I had everything on her just right. I was then whisked away and told that Hopey would be taken down the runway by a fashion volunteer. I was extremely worried about how she might react to a stranger, so I gave her my box of Tic Tacs as a distraction.

Of course, all of my worrying was for nothing because Hopey seemed to LOVE being the center of attention! (Surprise, surprise!!) She got all of the Ooooo's and Ahhhh's she could have ever dreamed of, so she had to show off a little bit. She did this by showing everyone she passed her Tic Tac box. Anyway, we really did have a super fun time, and yes, I did break down and buy the dress that she modeled! What can I say, I'm a sucker for toddler's Christmas dresses! Okay, that was much longer than I had orginally planned, so without further ado, here are a few shots of the day!






7 comments:

Chris White Tucker said...

I love it!!! Not at all like your mom on that one... I have yet to see HER in a Nordstrom FASHION show! LOL...

Love your blog, love you guys,

Chris

Chris White Tucker said...

And I certainly hope you bought the shoes, too!!!

nicole green said...

i love those shooooes!! :) did hopey get to keep that outfit since she modeled it so beautifully!?

Danielle Moss // Graphic Design and Photography said...

These photos are ADORABLE! I hope I get to meet Hope next month when I see you. She's so cute!

the Leiter family said...

I love that dress she is wearing! I would have bought it as well. She is so cute.

Brian said...

That's my girl! I was definitely a proud daddy. And yes, she is so cute in that dress there's no way Mommy could resist buying it. Now if we can figure out how to squeeze her into it until she's ten, we can get our money's worth:) Great pictures once again Faithy!

NaMaw said...

That's my daalin' punkin. She was a doll. And what fun. And Chris if you happen to get on here again you must know Nordstrom's has called several times this week and begged me to model - but you are right NOT like Grandmother like granddaughter. TEE HEE!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU Witzig 3
MA & NaMaw