Friday, January 9, 2009

Need a Smile?

I was downloading the pictures from my camera onto the computer tonight, but I clicked on the wrong folder when I tried to view them. This is what I saw...
You might be thinking, that's not so bad, you just had a baby bump at Christmas last year. Let me explain. This picture was taken the first week of December, and I was due on March 15th...I still had 3 and a half months of the pregnancy left!! This is nowhere near as big as my belly got!! I stopped going out for the last month of my pregnancy because of the reactions I would get. Many people would come up to me and ask if it was real. Others thought they should tell me that "it looked like I had a large watermelon stuffed under my shirt." And who could forget the camera lady? A woman came up to me in the mall with her camera and asked if she could take a picture of my belly because "her friends were never going to believe this." After I saw this picture tonight, I looked at the picture we took just before we left for the hospital to deliver Hopey. I think I now realize why people were always staring at me.

3 comments:

momof3Es said...

So.....the obvious question is...are you going to post that picture???? LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how elastic the human body is? And two weeks after having Hopey you were back to normal. I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. God creates some truly wonderful things!

Meghan said...

I don't think we can be friends.

I really try to avoid hanging out with thin, petite, gorgeous girls. Especially the ones who are still beautiful while pregnant. :)

And ESPECIALLY the ones who are "back to normal" 2 weeks after giving birth. Thanks for rubbing that in Brian. :)