Thursday, January 29, 2009

To Sleep Like a Baby

Brian was going through my pictures and videos of the week and decided that this video had to be shared. But first, please let me give a short explanation of what I was doing. As most, if not all of you know, I like to keep my camera and camcorder within reach at all times. I always kick myself when I miss a "Kodak moment". Anyway, I went up to check on Hopey during her nap last week, and I found her sleeping in this super comfy position. So, of course, I grabbed the camera that I had ever so carefully placed next to the crib for just such an occasion. Hopey is a very light sleeper, so I was taking a big risk by standing so close to her crib. The thing is, if she starts to wake up, and you can get out of site quick enough, she'll roll over and go back to sleep. If she sees you, nap time is BEYOND over. I think Brian wanted this video posted more because of the last two seconds than because of Hopey Doodle's nap! But, my dearest Brian, just so you know, she slept another 30 minutes thanks to my cat-like reflexes!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was some quick thinking there to drop to the floor so fast. You must be nap ninja or something. I love the imaginary dream pacifier that Hopey keeps gnawing on. Adorable!

Meghan said...

THAT is priceless! I'm not ashamed to say I've done the exact same thing -dropping to the floor just in time and then crawling out the door. Well worth it to keep them sleeping!!!

See ya tonight!!!

Goins Gang said...

How adorable! You are wise for videoing and snapping pictures so often. These moments won't last forever! It's fun to look back and remember when they were so little! LOL

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely a RIOT. I've never had a kid sleep like that! Too funny.

And yes, amazing cat-like reflexes. Sometimes I wish I had a camera on me while trying to get pic's. I'd look ridiculous.