Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weekend of Firsts

Where do I even begin to thank all of you for your incredible support last week?? Thank you ALL so much for your prayers, emails, phone calls, text messages, blog posts, and comments!! Your prayers and encouragement, along with a lot of help from God, pushed me to go through with it!! I have now officially flown!! I would love to tell you that I joyfully skipped onto the plane and laughed with glee the whole way there, but then I would be lying. This was my brave face before boarding.
The truth is, I didn't take the Xanax, so I was shaking like a leaf and crying my eyes out as I was forced onto the plane. I tried to escape only once, but they had already sealed me in. I had NO IDEA the planes from Indianapolis to Chicago were so tiny!! There were two seats on either side of an aisle that you had to duck and walk sideways to get down. I'm EXTREMELY claustrophobic, so I panicked. Brian wouldn't let me leave my seat, but he did offer to dance in the aisle for me if I would stay on. By the way bud, you didn't follow through on your end of the deal!! All of the people sitting around me were so sweet and comforting. They talked me through the whole flight and gave me things that comforted them when they flew. How awesome is God to have planned that out for me? Anyway, to make an incredibly long story somewhat shorter, I stopped panicking about halfway through the flight, and I truly did enjoy the view from the sky!! I won't go so far as to say that I'm looking forward to flying again, but I will say with complete confidence, Amy, unless God has other plans for me, I'll be at your wedding!! As for the rest of the weekend, we had a super time at Medieval Times and the Conrad, but we sure missed our little Hopey Doo!!Especially because of the fun and wonderful news we have to share!! (This is not like Meghan's
news!!) HOPEY GOT HER FIRST TOOTH!!!!! WOOHOO!!! At least we now know that there are teeth in there somewhere!! I took a picture of her smiling today, but as I'm looking at it, I don't think you can even see her tooth, but just know that it's there!!
Once again, thank you all SO much for the incredible kindness you've shown me over the last week! You have no idea how much I've appreciated it!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you Faith. To face your fear like that is a big deal. Con mentioned you were going to fly to Chicago and I said a prayer for you. Let us know when you're going again so we can be a prayer cover for you. Hopey is so darling, reminds me of her daddy when he was a baby.
Love you all,
Aunt Cath

Us! said...

You did it! So proud of you. I can't wait to see you in Feb. Taylor is anxiously meeting Hopey:)

Katie @ Heart Gone Walking said...

Oh Faith, I laughed out loud when you said you didn't board the plane laughing with glee. But it looked like an amazing weekend and I'm so glad you were able to fly, with or without dancing in the aisles. :)

Goins Gang said...

You go girl!!!!! Yeah! You did it!
How exciting for Hope to get her first tooth! Is she very fussy?

Anonymous said...

Faithy, I couldn't be more proud of you! You're a tough little lady and this is a big thing to overcome, so give yourself some credit. And don't worry, I'll do the James Brown dance the whole way to Denver just because I love you so much:)